Cards For Sale

Sunday, April 10, 2011

SSSC112.....Happy Birthday



GOOD MORNING PEEPS!!! It's Sunday which means it is time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample This is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week;

Loved this sketch! I started my card with a base of pear pizzazz card stock and I followed that up with some daffodil delight. The next layer is some designer paper from the Springtime Vintage pack. I used the Stampin' Up Nature Walk stamp set, I really love the flower in that set. I inked with pear pizzAzz and used my daffodil delight marker to color in the flower heads. I stamped directly onto a piece of DSP from the Botanical Gazette paper pack. I stamped the flower several times, leaving a space in the middle for my sentiment, which is from the Something to Celebrate Hostess set. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig and black stazon ink for the Happy Birthday. I love the font on this, it looks old fashion. The flowers come from the retired Pretties Kit and I used a dauber and daffodil ink to color them. I added some basic pearls in the centers of the flowers and corner of the card and a string under the sentiment. I finished it with three pieces of daffodil ribbon.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Dana-Dana's House of Cards

Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

14 comments:

Karen Giron said...

What a perfect color for spring with all those daffodils popping up everywhere! Love the pearly accents and those flowers too!

Wendy said...

Very pretty & so springy, Vicki!! Love the layout, flowers and yummy paper! Awesome job, I love it!! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful, Vicki! So spring like with the pretty colours and images! Love how you added all those pearls!!

kelly said...

gorgeous colours, this card is so stylish!
kelly xx

Marisa said...

Gorgeous as always :) Love the pears under the sentiment and of course the color combo is right up my alley.

Karen Motz said...

Vicky this is beautiful!!! Love all the pearl accents!!!

Susan said...

Gorgeous! As usual.
I think I am going to subscribe to this Sunday Sketch. I need to do more sketches, and you inspire me.
SG

Dana White said...

Vicky this is lovely - the softness of the colours is absolutely stunning

Wanda Cullen said...

GORGEOUS spring card! Love those papers and this wonderful layout...need to play with this one!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card vicki-I love the softness of it-you worked this sketch really well-

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful Vicki! I love these cheerful colors and flowers with pearl accents!

Sharon Wheet said...

Vicki, this card is simply gorgeous! Love the colors, they look so spring-like! and you're right, that font is fabulous!

Jen Tapler said...

Vicki your cards always just make me sigh. They are perfect. I love this.

Jen Tapler said...

BTW, my word verification thing for my previous comment was "snotpea". I giggled. I'll admit it.