Cards For Sale

Monday, January 31, 2011

Mojo....You're a Hoot!




Happy Monday Peeps!!!

Today I am sharing a card I made with the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge!

I love round cards and really don't make them often enough! It is gloomy here and we are expecting a BIG winter storm, so I opted for some really bright and cheerful colors. I cut my scallop circle with my nesties and some pumpkin pie card stock. I then used my circle cutter to cut the rose red, whisper white and DSP circles.I embossed the white piece with the square lattice embossing folder. The DS paper is from the Sweet & Sour Speciality paper pack. I hand cut the curve from the sketch but it is covered with my crumb cake leaves. I used my owl punch and punched out the body in rose red and pumpkin pie card stock. I cut off the feet of the rose red owl and added the pumpkin pie feet behind it. I punched out his little vest from the same DSP on the card and added the eyes in with crumb cake, basic black and whisper white card stock. The sentiment is computer generated and printed out. I added some little flowers with brads to the leaves and sentiment tag.

Well, that is all from me today, thank you for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

14 comments:

Marisa said...

You are the master of this owl punch, Vicki!! What a fabulous take on the mojo sketch!! The SU EF is fabulous in the BG. Great card!

Kristi said...

Vicki,
WOW! how darling is this card?!?Your owl is so cute he made me laugh out loud! Everyone at Mojo Monday can go home now because you've won it already! LOL!

Beth said...

Love this little card! Great DSP!

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh my...this little girly owl surrounded by flowers is absolutely adorable!! LOVE the circle cards but hate to make them myself - lol!

Wendy said...

OMGosh, your card is so adorable, Vicki!! WOW! Love your little owl and the papers and well just everything! LOL Great job with the Mojo sketch....I love it!

Linda Callahan said...

This is a fabulous little delight! You have such an eye for design! Definitely a hoot!

martha velasco prieto. said...

beautiful card!!love the colors!

craftystamper said...

Love the card. The colours are so upbeat on such a dull day. Mr. Owl is adorable.

Kim said...

Love it! this will be on my inspiration post tomorrow. TFS

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh FABULOUS!!!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

WOW!! Another great card!!! Love it.

CarrieAnne said...

Beautiful card I LOVE the colors you used.

Cindy Beach said...

This is the cutest ever! I love the leaves and floral border, best idea I've seen for this sketch.

Tina said...

What an adorable card! I have the owl punch but have never used it, but I will be now! Great job!