Cards For Sale

Monday, December 13, 2010

Celebrate Curtain Call Stockings




Good Monday Morning Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a fun little project made for the LateNightStampers Challenge 100. This weeks challenge is Celebration, a card or project for any type of Celebration. I am still in Christmas mode over here and what better celebration than that. I am celebrating family and friends with my project a cute stocking box that holds a little treat. I found the template for this stocking HERE and it is free. Gotta love that. I used Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge for my colors on this first Stocking Box. The colors this week are Real Red, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, chocolate Chip and Whisper White.

I printed out the stocking front and back onto real red card stock. The heel, toe and cuff is old olive. I added a bit of Certainly Celery under the cuff with my scallop trim border punch. The entire stocking was embossed with my large dot EF. The Chocolate Chip comes into the stocking in the way of the sentiment which is from the Stampin Up "Four the Holidays" stamp set. I stamped with chocolate chip ink onto white card stock and curled and cut the end in the "V" shape. I added some real red satin ribbon and a white button from my stash with some white twine tied through it.

Here is another one I made as well, with a shot of the yummy Graham Cereal Mix treat package:




This one is made with Riding Hood Red and Sahara Sand card stock and the Vintage Wallpaper EF. I used some of the Riding Hood Red Striped ribbon I got a while back from the clearance rack and a button from the Deck the Halls Big Buttons pack. I also used some silver tinsel on the bow and button. The sentiment is from the "Four the Holidays" stamps set and is stamped with riding hood red ink onto the Sahara Sand card stock.

The recipe for the mix is:

1 box of Golden Grahams Cereal (6-8cups)
1 package of Holiday M&M's
1 cup cashews
1 package of vanilla almond bark

Combine the cereal, M&M's and nuts in a large bowl. Melt almond bark and pour over cereal mix and stir to coat thoroughly. Spread out on waxed paper to cool. Break into bite size chunks and store in air tight container.

** You can alter ingredients to suit your taste, with pretzels, or almonds or other cereals, like cheerios or chex.

Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Deb said...

These are so adorable Vicki!!!! Love them both!! On my way to get that free template now!!!
TFS

Deb

Dawn B. said...

These are awesome.. Just right for that extra gift you need. Your recipe sounds so good.. I may try this.. Great job.

Wendy said...

OMGosh, these are so cute, Vicki!!! I actually have this template from PTI but never did anything with it. LOL Now maybe you lit the fire under my butt and I will pull it out and try it!! :) I love both stocking boxes and how you embellished them. Looks great with that sweet little treat in it as well. Awesome job, girl!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my, Vicki! Fabulous gift idea!!

Teresa Hafso said...

Absolutely adorable, love these stockings and I must make that mix. Thanks for sharing!

Marisa said...

I really need to make one of these. Love both of them :)

Jodi said...

Very nice Vicki. My daughters and I are making Candy Wednesday and this treat would be a great addition...I love the stocking..it makes a great gift.

Leah said...

Adorable! I love the stocking and wish I would have seen this yesterday. I made something different and would have preferred to make these. So cute!

Rhonda Langley said...

these are both adorable!! The recipe sounds yummy!

Christina said...

Love these stockings, Vicki! The tinsel on the second one is such a fun touch. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!