Cards For Sale

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Merry & Bright




Happy Hump Day Peeps!!

Today's card share is another try at vintage for me. I first saw a poinsettia made with one of the leaves in the French Foliage stamp set Here on Connie Babbert's blog, yes the same lady who inspired yesterday's pumpkin. She is going to think I am stalking her, but I do love her blog, she has amazing talent.

I made my poinsettia just like she did, but I did make a different card than hers. I wanted to try my hand at vintage again, something I am struggling with, but I do like this one. The base of the card is Crumb Cake Card stock and I followed that with a layer or Cherry Cobbler card stock. I then used another layer of crumb cake that I embossed with the vintage wall embossing folder. I trimmed off the bottom and added a plain strip of crumb cake and stamped the sentiment from the Bright Christmas set. I used Cherry Cobbler ink. I added some ribbon and a bow with the cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon. I then added a vintage brad to the bow center. I also sponged the base card and the top layer of crumb cake card stock with crumb cake ink.

I added three sticky pearls, that I had colored with my yellow copic marker Y15, to the center of my poinsettia and the flower is added to the card base with some foam tape.

Well, that is all from me today, Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

16 comments:

Wendy said...

Dang girl, this is so pretty! You did vintage perfectly! I love this!

Dawn Easton said...

Wow girl, this is gorgeous!!

Marisa said...

Totally gorgeous, Vicki!! Keep stalking LOL!

Jenn in GA said...

this is gorgeous! keep working at vintage...i think you're on to something.

Patti said...

You did great vintage. Your card is gorgeous. I look forward to more.

Wendy J. said...

This is just gorgeous,Vicki! I love your layout and colors!

Carla said...

Your vintage card is gorgeous!!! I too struggle with vintage and I just found Connie's Poinsettia the other day too. Your's is beautiful!!! Hugs,

Pauline said...

Your card is beautiful! Love visiting your site each day for wonderful eye candy!! Keep up the great work and THANKS so much for sharing your time and talent!

Unknown said...

Vicki, Have been on your blog for two days and can't believe all the wonderful creations I have been missing (don't know why- I've subbed for awhile now). But have made your site a "go to" for morning coffee. You have incredible talent and thank you for sharing with us. Blessings, Diane

Mary Marsh said...

this is beautiful vicki-I think I am going to case your card (lol)-and I do stalk your blog

Connie Babbert said...

Stalk away, Vicki...did you see my folded Christmas tree???? lol! Thanks for the link back to my blog!

pescbrico said...

Really beautiful! Love the tree pearls in the center! Have a great day!

Michele said...

awesome, you did a fantastic job!

Ms said...

I love this card, the vintage folder gives it so much texture.... I keep seeing the poinsettia flower so I'm gonna have to try one. Thanx for sharing your creativity

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just stunning! I love the embossing behind the flower and the colors are so rich and elegant. :)

Carla said...

Your card and flower are beautiful. I love your vintage look, terrific. I struggle with vintage really bad. I made a flower like this one too. I haven't posted it yet, but I love this flower too. I am glad I ran across your blog. You make such fabulous cards!!! Hugs,